• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sold my soul to the calling; Iliana

There is something almost like relief in watching the way she seems to shrink away, the same kind of uncertainty coloring her features as had fluttered through him. A relief, because it means she had not come here intent to leap on him and turn him into breakfast. Truthfully, he was rather tired of being mistaken for something edible.

First the monster, then the boy a few days ago. He had hoped that maybe, if he could control his ability to change, he could become something fiercer. Something other creatures would never mistake for prey.

When he announces his bird can make fire, her curiosity appears to overcome her caution. He nods enthusiastically in response to her question, a shy smile blooming on his lips. He is a little disappointed that she hasn’t heard of a bird that can make fire, but he had expected it. Though he hasn’t revealed his ability to very many, he hadn’t needed to in order to know that whatever bird he could become is not a common one. Certainly it’s never something he’s seen flitting about anywhere he’s been despite the other strange creatures he’s seen.

“I don’t think they’re very common,” he agrees, though his shoulders slump just the tiniest bit. “I haven’t seen any either, except…” Except my brother, he’d been about to say, but he quickly clamps his lips shut. He doesn’t think she’s very dangerous, but he wouldn’t risk his brother like that.

Then she claims she can shift like her dad, and Vital’s curiosity is piqued. He doesn’t know her dad of course, but if there are others like her, maybe it means there are others like him. “Is that… something that a lot of horses can do?” he asks cautiously, looking at her with poorly concealed hope.

vital

@Iliana

Messages In This Thread
    sold my soul to the calling; Iliana - by Vital - 08-02-2021, 12:18 PM
    RE: sold my soul to the calling; Iliana - by Vital - 09-10-2021, 11:27 AM