• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i was looking for a way out
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale is half-asleep, lulled by the soft evening sun and the quiet but continuous clatter of Malik playing with an elk’s jaw. The boy has just finished growing a set of teeth, and the sharp pointed canines gnaw contentedly at the bone. He’s not yet gotten the last of the meat off of it, Gale’s twitching nose tells him; the last bits of a kill they’d made a week ago.

Time passes without thought here in the heart of the mountains. The body that had once been Gale and once been Cursed is something else now, still haunted by Carnage and Black Magic but with more emotions than the intangible thing had ever been capable of. He cannot feel him, but Gale wonders if perhaps some part of his host has been resurrected by some accidental magic. Something had happened, because where there had once been nothing was now a connection to the black osprey Erne.

The bird perches in a tree on the far side of the meadow, and it is he who first spots Mazikeen, and gives a silent warning to Gale. The bird’s eyes are blue instead of yellow now, but no less sharp.

“Why don’t you go find a rabbit?” He says aloud, rolling to his navy feet and stretching slowly. Malik looks up from his jawbone, his dark head tilted curiously. The young wolf pup has yet to catch a rabbit, but his parents are prone to encouraging him to do so. He’s not yet old enough to realize it’s an excuse to get rid of him, and so at Gale’s urging he leaves the bone behind as he heads deeper into the twilight meadow. Erne’s blue gaze turns to the boy.

In the meantime, Gale shakes the sleep from his skin and heads toward where he knows Mazikeen is coming from. Two years have made Hyaline familiar to him, and the trees that he sees through her eyes are not far from where the two of them had been resting.

He winds his way through the trees, and considers climbing one to wait for her. No, he decides, he’s not feeling a fight with Mazikeen tonight. He’s tired, no longer an uncommon occurrence when surrounded by such contentment. He wants something to really wake him up, to feed the writhing pit of shadows that has grown ever more still as time has marched on.

What?

He is saved having to decide by seeing Mazikeen, and he smiles at her pale shape as she emerges from the trees.

@Mazikeen

current appearance: iridescent navy blue lion with glowing cremello brindle striping, white spinal mane and tail,
    black glowing horns -> whatever Mazikeen is

Messages In This Thread
    i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-31-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 12:01 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-01-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-03-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-04-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-05-2021, 08:13 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-09-2021, 08:23 AM