• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  eurus afer ventus

a bright and dangerous spark

Cheri’s eyes struggled to glimpse the crystals just out of sight on her head when Bardot mentioned them. She smiled, understandably. The crystals had been an appearance early on in her foal hood, a trait passed down to her by her dam, whereas her other siblings had grown incredible crowns of horns. They’d been irritating in the beginning. She wouldn’t burden this kindly stranger with a brief description of how crystals felt when they pierced the skin from underneath in order to burst outward, so she opted for a light-hearted pun instead.

“They’ve grown on me.” Cheri shrugged, looking back at Bardot again with an easy grin.

Now that the pleasantries were over, the two mares standing in the basin of the Loess ravines could get down to business. And, honestly, Cheri was curious about what business Bardot might have here in Loess. Not just the flowers (which smelled incredible, and had Cheri thinking similarly about how she might also achieve a permanent perfume) but the scent of her skin was drenched in that all-familiar smell of fog and redwood pines. Bardot was a northerner, more specifically a Tiagian.

A mare after Cheri’s own heart.

“Bardot, you’re well met.” Cheri snorted the red dust clear from her nostrils and turned, indicating with a shake of her head that Bardot should follow along as Cheri continued on down the canyon pathway. “I’m Cheri, heir of Loess and a child of Taiga myself.” The black and green appy chirped away, keeping her steps light and her stride at a short, comfortable walk. “If anyone could help to place a missing horse or two, I hope it would be myself.”
    Full-sized image link

@Bardot

Messages In This Thread
    eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 07-29-2021, 02:54 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 05:26 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-02-2021, 08:52 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 11:37 AM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-03-2021, 01:12 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 06:59 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-12-2021, 02:22 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-17-2021, 01:46 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-17-2021, 03:49 PM