• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  But you have stars in your eyes and I have something missing [Any]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

When he’d ripped out Ciri’s heart, there’d been nothing at all behind the mask. Nothing tangible anyway - only a roiling pit of rage and a craving for chaos. The Curse that afflicts Gale’s family is the urge to destroy, to raze and take and wreck and plunder, and Ciri has felt that first hand.

But that was then, and this is now.

When he’d taken the light from Mazikeen’s soul, most of it had vanished into the ether. But some had clung to him, infecting him, changing him. The presence of emotions that were not fury had altered him in ways he had not anticipated. The Curse is no longer entirely sure what it is.

There are a great many uncertainties, but some things remain the same.

Like how the wariness in her gaze delights him. And how her fury, especially when he doesn’t answer, explodes into action.

He laughs as she lunges at him, and ducks beneath her wing to try and wrap his sharp-toothed jaws around her neck. But she comes with hooves as well, driving him back. Rather than retreat, he reappears beside her, still grinning despite the scrape along his shoulder that heals even as he speaks.

“You’re gotten much feistier.” He says, taking a step forward. His lightning eyes are wild, and his tongue wets the edges of his toothy mouth, feeling hunger far deeper than the need to fill his stomach. “I like it.”

Will she attack him again?

He hopes so.

@Ciri

Messages In This Thread
    RE: But you have stars in your eyes and I have something missing [Any] - by Gale - 08-14-2021, 07:50 AM