• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i think i could live in it | mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

He can feel himself slipping, melting into the heat of her red-orange eyes. She is warm beside him, stretching her powerful muscles and making no secret of her desire, and Gale wants to lower his head and bury his face in her pale ruff.

Forcing himself to draw a breath, Gale pauses with his mouth a hair’s breadth above her neck. One hind foot has drawn up, just above Mazikeen’s exposed belly.

He’d begun to rip her open, hungry and knowing she is the sweetest. But he withdraws, and his breathing is heavy, and he does not meet her eyes.

Her request elicits a frown, and only then does he look back at her. Is she trying to appease him? It doesn’t matter; he is too hungry to care. He is too close to doing something he will regret.

“Who?” he growls. “Anyone for you, my queen.” He can feel his claws flexing in her belly, smell the sweet scent of her blood. What harm is there in another death?

It is hard to reason, hard to think of anything at all but the wildcat he kisses and the way her pulse hammers beneath his tongue. He wants to hunt down the prey she names and throw it at her feet, and though he is sure that should feel Wrong, it no longer does.

He’s changing again. Near her. For her.

If she dies, the Underworld is beyond even his long reach. The barrier had not existed when the Curse had been brought into existence. He cannot cross it, and so Mazikeen will be out of his reach for just a moment, just long enough for someone to take her away from him or for her to leave. And he cannot risk that, and so she remains alive and safe in a world he can Watch. 

Yet in the moment it is so easy to forget that, so easy to kiss his way down her belly and feel the welcoming rumbling of her purr. He'll rip her open and -

Gale turns away abruptly, sitting up from where they'd been tangled on the mountainside. The drizzle around them is turning to snow. Hunting in this weather will be dangerous. It's easier to think out here, away from the fire that burns away every inhibition. "I hope they live somewhere warm." He says, and there is humor in his voice that does not match the rapid pounding at the center of his once-empty chest. 

When had he grown a heart?

@Mazikeen

current appearance: glowing perlino wildcat with lightning and iridescent navy blue scarring

Messages In This Thread
    i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Gale - 07-04-2021, 02:49 PM
    RE: i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Gale - 07-05-2021, 04:02 PM