• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  You're not like anything I know or I've known| Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The winter rain patters down on the dead branches of the elm and the empty boughs of the oak and the evergreen bramble that shelter the blue-eyed creature are already encrusted in a half inch of frozen rain.

Winter in Hyaline is a bitter season.

He shifts his golden forelimbs, feeling the feathered skin along his belly shift and some of the chill seep against his skin. He curses, and sets himself ablaze with Mazikeen’s fire aura.

It’s not something he keeps up for long (he still does not have his full reserves of Power), but it drives the cold from his bones and warms the soft skin of his pale pink nose. A nose that is wrinkled in distaste as he looks up at the grey sky, which promises only a night of snow after this freezing rain.

He has been sleeping off the effects of his hunt with Mazikeen for several days, and his head and chest still ache. Might always ache, he thinks, since his Regeneration hasn’t made any noticeable improvement.

There have been positive changes too, and changes that the Curse is not quite sure about either way. It was probably something in the blood of the bay stallion, he’d reasoned, mixed with the empathy he’d taken recently from Aela, and the darkness he’s set to festering in Mazikeen.

Those magics, and the magics of the Monsters, and the Dark God, and whatever sick thing it had been to make its first kill those eons ago. Those things are the essence of the thing that wears Gale’s face, and while he still thirsts for blood and ruin, there is at last one thing in all these centuries that it wants more.

It is the white queen he searches the surrounding landscape for once he tears his gaze from the sky. His lightning-filled blue eyes are sharp and watchful. He wonders if she has been watching him as he recovered from their not-quite-lovemaking, or if she’s been hunting alone, or if she’s been plotting his demise.

Any of those possibilities might have been the source of the lazy smile that appears on the stallion’s face, and he is at last distracted from this miserable weather by more pleasant thoughts.

@Mazikeen

current appearance: glowing perlino stallion with feathered quetzalcoatl forelimbs, lightning, and iridescent navy blue scarring

Messages In This Thread
    You're not like anything I know or I've known| Mazikeen - by Gale - 07-02-2021, 06:00 PM