• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open quest]  Take a breath and slumber with me {ROUND ONE}
    A gentle wind whispers through the trees, sweeping across the land carrying the ancient refrains of a lullaby. Dipping down gullies and through the tangled branches of proud pines, it seeks and finds. It finds the worthy ones, the daring and bold, artful and crafty, and the ones in between. It finds them and whispers the sweet lullaby until they drift into slumber.

When you wake, worthy one, you find yourself somewhere else. It is noisy and crowded, filled with the scent of horses, the stamping of hooves and the jangling of bridles. You wake to find yourself wrapped in a strange contraption, gilded leather straps around your cheeks and the taste of metal across your tongue.

You wake to find yourself captured and bridled.

Then a man comes, wide grin across his symmetrical features, a gleam of anticipation in his eyes. “My prized steed,” he crows, the sense of victory already around him. His hand comes down on your neck. Is he… patting you? He most certainly is, and he is speaking again too. “With you as my mount, we cannot fail.”

“Pollux!” another voice calls, and the man called Pollux turns to greet the other enthusiastically.

“Brother!” Pollux exclaims. The other man - the one Pollux claimed as brother - eyes you and smiles. “I see the gods have granted you your steed.”

Pollux pats your neck again, clearly pleased. “They have indeed, Castor. And he will carry me to victory.”

And now you know, you are to be the noble steed for this Pollux. You are to carry him into battle. Do you fight against this edict? Do you rail against where fate has brought you? It hardly matters. Not when the bit between your teeth ensures your compliance.

And so you are ridden into battle. The slamming of bodies and weapons, the screams of dying men, the crash of waves against the beach - it’s deafening, nothing like you’ve known before. Over the course of the battle, you find you can do some things. Small things. Things that, just maybe, could help or hinder, if you are in the mood. So what do you do?

Hello noble steeds! Welcome to round one (this will be a three round quest). Are you ready to begin your battle?

You have woken to find yourself wearing a magical bridle and forced to carry Pollux into battle. Your task is to describe this battle. You may include mythical creatures and characters in your post. You cannot directly disobey Pollux, but you can do things that might help or hinder him in his fight. Oh, and before I forget, there is one thing that absolutely must happen during this fight. Castor must die. How, when, or why he dies is entirely up to you.

A couple quick notes:
    • You do not have any of your non-physical traits. They are suppressed by the bridle. Wings, horns, etc are not, so you will still have those.
    • The battle takes place near the sea. Other descriptors are up to you.
    • As noted above, Castor’s death must happen at some point in your post. Pollux is immortal and will not die.
    • Please try to keep your posts under 1500 words. You won’t be penalized if you go a little over, but you might only if you go way over.
    • Temporary defects will be given if you fail to respond in succeeding rounds. If you need to drop out, just let me know and you won’t be given a defect.
    • That’s all! I’m much more interested in the story you tell than your grammar, so just have fun!!
    • If you have questions, please PM me.

Deadline to respond is Wednesday, July 7th and 11:59:59pm CST.

Messages In This Thread
    Take a breath and slumber with me {ROUND ONE} - by A God - 07-02-2021, 10:38 AM