• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i trust my life to ghosts, any

(and it's harder than you think)
    telling dreams from one another

Nashua has no loyalty to the cold. (And if the legends were true, Winter itself had once been the enemy of his bloodline. His ancestors had been born golden and blue-eyed like his mother, like his brother Yanhua. Descendants of the Summer line. He had been born strange, green-eyed and striped. Even his pale grandmother had remarked how different he had been from them.)

But he owes a great deal to Leilan. And the former Freyr had given much of himself to the Isle. Nash has spent his life trying to repay that debt, to keep the kingdom the Dragon Mage entrusted him with safe and protected.

It doesn't take him long to find it; one of the portals swirls in a frozen mist before them. The obsidian pebbles beneath his hooves roll away from him and the striped pegasus glanced behind him to see if the pale mare was still following. What did she make of the strange magic before them? Would she balk at it, or would something of Leilan's abilities appeal to her own wintery ones?

His speckled wings itch for flight, but a smile quirks on his pale mouth instead as Nash glances back to his companion.

"Through here," he says, and hopes that the Dragon Magic doesn't take him to Silver Cove again. Nash steps into it, and the silver haze gives way to a world of white. Snow coats everything and while the rest of Beqanna basks in summer, the pegasus shivers against the brisk breeze that blows past him. Stepping out into the pale sunlight, Nash stretches his broad wings out in greeting while waiting for Camellia.

@camellia

NASHUA
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 06-30-2021, 11:51 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:04 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-08-2021, 02:55 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:15 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-09-2021, 06:48 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-12-2021, 08:31 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-14-2021, 05:18 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-24-2021, 11:09 AM