• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we are infinite as the universe we hold inside; lannister

you used to tell me we'd turn into something
    oh, you said life was much better than this

Resentment can wage a violent war upon one's mind; but often--too often--it is the quiet assassin of emotions, wielding a knife so deadly and sharp one doesn't know they're cut until it's too late. If resentment were to live and breath, it would walk as if it floated and blend so well with shadows that its victims will only ever see darkness. Resentment and its twin--jealousy--wreak havoc over Lannister.

And his dreams have not seen peace in weeks.

The stallion shivers, wings folded tightly against his sides. The burbling, volcanic anger cools into lava's igneous counterpart--this black rock textured and cold and hiding the secrets of destruction just as his fear does. And that's what washes over him, now: fear. This small island is like all the other nightmares he faces. Stuck in an impossible situation, one emotion or another running too wild to take control of his dream.

Too often his fear manifests in the ocean. How deep and dark, how terribly unknown. His father never told him of the sea and the memories of it he stole from dreams of strangers were very rarely pleasant. Sirens and kelpies, sharks and leviathans. Lannister feels he is blessed to have wings to take him to the sky instead of gills to take him to the deep; and even then, he imagines the feathers and muscles would only serve to drag him to the bottom of the ocean floor, were he to ever be caught in the tide.

The thought of drowning lodges spit in Lan's throat. He chokes, eyes closing against the might of his coughs and the racing of his heart. When he finally flutters his eyelids, vision blurry and unreliable, he is watching a stranger spin a circle. He watches for what feels like an eternity, stiff-jawed and statuesque. Not even for a second does he wonder if she is of his own design, no--she is too lovely.

A gust of a storm's wind blows as Iridian notices him. Lannister does not move.

She nearly falls into him. Lannister does not move.

Hello? she says. Are we in your dream? she says.

I think maybe you should try and wake up now.

The air around them suddenly thickens, the world pulses. Lannister blinks heavy, weary eyes at this stranger. An eerie red light glows at the bottom of the horizon. Storm clouds as black as night roll too-quickly over them. Lannister continues to only blink, body rigid, mind racing.

"I can't," he says. His mouth is the only part of his body to move. "I've never left my dreams." He turns his head now, stiff and robotic. He looks out over the now frothing ocean, heart clenching with fear. A few fat rain drops slam into his face by the force of the wind.

"I'm sorry you're here," Lan says after a few moments, too weary to look Iridian in the eyes. "I'm sorry," he says again, voice cracking with fear.

lannister

@iridian this is weird sorry!!!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are infinite as the universe we hold inside; lannister - by lannister - 08-01-2021, 02:38 PM