• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  It's been awhile since I first saw you
    A stone has been thrown into the pool, manifesting as a physical rippling across my skin. Darkest, defiant maroon shudders like the falsehood it is, blood streaked blue emerging from beneath like a quickly blooming bruise. My heart has accelerated, pupils dilated, mouth gone papery dry. 

I'm being hunted. 

Pursued. And Sabra knows more about that than anyone. My expression goes cold as winter wind, no longer amused. It shimmers like imperfect glass as I paw the soft earth, releasing a stream of blood from my chest with the jerking motion. 

"I have half a mind to rip the tongue from your pretty head, princess. See how cheeky you are then." I almost sing the threat, elated with the concept. The image of blood pouring crimson from her lips while she tries to scream through it paints itself across my thoughts clear as a bell before tearing itself apart once more a moment later. 

My gaze lingers on her proud face a touch longer than necessary, before I turn back to the inky stallion running this outfit. Supposedly. My mouth takes on a cruel edge as I consider him. Is this gilded girl the one calling the shots? At the reins, to use a phrase. Head tilting inquisitively, I offer a cool smile to the glittering man. 

"These woods are mine. And will be until the day I die," I say with no inflection. That I cannot really die seems... a trifling detail, really. Sylva has been my shelter and my haven since long before I became what I am. More faithful than any lover, it will hold me long after I've changed again. "Just because the woods are quiet, does not mean monsters don't linger within. Oceane may learn that soon enough." And this brings a truer smile to my face. 

I stiffen as he moves in, ears flicking against my skull in response to the uninvited touch. A very deliberate step to the side widens the space between us again, venom cast from my gaze as his red eyes at last meet my own. Never again without my permission will I accept another's touch, less enough from a boy trying to fill steps larger than his own. Even if he is pretty. 

"I have my own ways of avoiding boredom, Prince. You may have my suggestions; Though I have my doubts about your ability to stomach them." The gilt girl on the other hand... She may enjoy playing with fire, and I am curious to see if she can hold lightening as well. I hate them both, I think, but liking and working with are not tied together. 

@Aela@"Obscene"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It's been awhile since I first saw you - by Sabra - 07-20-2021, 07:44 PM