• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion
    Helion straightens a little when Moira calls him charming, though he deflates as soon as he catches the suspicion in her words and the comment about her mother. Well, it wouldn’t do any good if he went along trying to impress his fish friend only for that to be the very thing that drives her away! “Should I be less charming then? Would your mom like me better?”

He is mostly joking, his smile says, but he might try if she says it will help.

“It’s pretty cool! I haven’t explored it all yet but a lot of the plants are short so the sky is big and I think that’s why my dad liked it to start but it works pretty well for me too. There’s tons of water there too, all these hot and cold springs you can just hang in and soak.”

A good place for a fish to visit, he thinks, and he’s about to suggest it when he realizes he’s not even sure where she’s from. He knew she had hatched, and had a sister, and could turn into that horse-fish-thing, and apparently has a mom that doesn’t like charming people, but could not remember if she had told him about where she called home. “Where do you live?” And then he gets another (charming) idea and shakes his head with a little laugh and shining silver eyes “Wait wait, you live at the bottom of the ocean, don’t you?”
    HELION

@Moira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion - by Helion - 07-11-2021, 09:32 PM