• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm a classy girl with intrepid taste; Joining

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

He can see the moment the pupil widens and contracts, the sudden smell of uncertain fear that tinges the air and clings to the sensitive nose of the bear. This new heart of his twists slightly with the old familiar pain that comes with remembering that not all are like Oceane. Not all can see the man behind the beast. She adapts quickly though, this fiery specimen of a mare. He sees how the dark hue of red spreads from her coat to the iris of her eyes (so many of them, these red-eyed horses, he will never escape them) and the strangeness of her slim tail that ends in long ombre strands. She’s a beautiful creature and he can acknowledge that despite the claim that his heart has made for the Loessian Queen.

She speaks of a journey and he wonders where she has come from, the scent that she scrubs from her coat in the cleansing saltwater is strange and unfamiliar. Before he can ask, she speaks again and this time the bear smiles, exposing sharp teeth that jut from his gums. She is trying, trying not to be afraid, and he is not in the habit of purposely upsetting innocents. So he moves backwards a little and begins to shift. Shows her the answer to her question. Claws retract into gray hooves, his snout slims and morphs into one of a horse. The white fur shrinks and fades into a blend of reddish gold until the only white left is in the wavy strands of his mane and tail, crimped by sea water and his prolonged stay here in the cove. The eye remains missing, brutal claw marks speaking of the savagery that was done there and seem an exact replica to the ones that had once protruded from his claws. The X on his chest glows faintly in the bright light as does the branded constellation on his flank. And the heart beneath the X, no longer of glass, continues to beat steadily in his chest.

“You’re not from Beqanna are you?” He says with a whisper of a smile that ghosts off his lips. Shifters were a dime a dozen here (although some fostered healthier relationships with their shifting counterparts then he did), her confusion and strange scent seem to match up in his rightly assumption that she had come from the lands beyond. “My apologies if I frightened you, I wasn’t expecting company.” He moves back enough that the water only laps at his belly, his long limbs still submerged beneath the cooling surface of the pool. “I’m Ledger. Welcome to Loess.”

Ledger

@[Brassa]
    Boo!  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm a classy girl with intrepid taste; Joining - by Ledger - 06-18-2021, 11:32 AM