• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Pink Elephant in the room - Obscene
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    She murmurs into the warmth of his cheek as he searches her again, tries to find some sort of explanation for whatever is ailing her, and he can’t help the low growl of pleasure that she elicits from him as her breath dances across his skin. It’s enough to make him falter slightly in his golden search, a sputtering of power before he straightens himself out and continues. He refocuses on her words and as she speaks of something different, as she says this isn’t right, that nagging tug in his head develops into a memory.

He exhales sharply as he withdraws his healing touch and slowly, reluctantly, untangles himself from her. “I think I know what’s going on.” It wasn’t surprising that he hadn’t noticed before. They were immortal and healers on top of that, no sign of age wore down their bodies, there were no wrinkles or graying to show that time had passed. They still looked much like they had that first night amongst the wildflowers when he had come so close to confessing his truths beneath the influence of nectar and pollen powder. So of course it was easy to miss that this wasn’t his Cheri.

“You told me there would be a day you wouldn’t be yourself.” He pauses for a moment, regarding her with curiosity. “His” Cheri would be perceptive enough to see the worry that lay in the dark red of his hard eyes but perhaps this one could not. This one still thought him a cold and heartless creature, a villain, a scoundrel. This one still yearned for Prayers.

Cheri had told him that there would come a day when she was not acting herself, that it was her but not her. Tricky magic stuff was what it had come down to, a vague description for her time traveling adventure, as she knew his patience for understanding such things was incredibly low. She had given him something to remember when the time came, something to impart on this young Cheri from the past. Glancing about to make sure they are still alone, he draws her closer to the canyon side and explains this but still remains a healthy distance from her. To stop himself from touching something that wasn’t his. He can’t help but wonder and worry where the real Cheri had gone or if this was still her in some strange way.

“You... She... told me to tell you that it will all make sense in time. There is a long road ahead of you and difficult decisions to make.” This part he understood and a muscle in his jaw tightens as he grimaces slightly, remembering all too well what had been in store for all of them. “There will come a time when you will have to make a choice. Take the hard one.” Whatever the hell that meant but she had insisted he say it, word for word. So he does.

That withered heart aches to bring her close to him again but he resists, his muzzle coming to rest on his glittery chest as he arches his neck and regards her. “You need to go back Cheri.” He murmurs quietly, his expression once more unreadable as he smoothes himself into something more familiar to her. It’s surprising how much it hurts to place himself back in his old armor, to wrap himself in the familiar coldness of his protective shell as he looks at her with indifference. He starts to turn from her, to head back to the bustle of kingdom life and go through the tedious dog and pony show he needs to put on until she returns, whole and his once more. If she was even his, he's still unsure. But he stops with a hoof raised, looks back over his shoulder and decides to remind her of something else. Something that he hadn’t been told to say but finds important regardless.  “Do you remember what I told you on that night we first met? Before I gave you my name?”

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Pink Elephant in the room - Obscene - by Cheri - 06-11-2021, 07:11 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Obscene - by Obscene - 06-23-2021, 12:52 PM