• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  one of them is how bad i need you; Haunt

i got issues, you got ‘em too
    so give ‘em all to me, and i’ll give mine to you
    i got issues, and one of 'em is how bad i need you

He has always been a peaceful kind of mischievous, spirited, bold, but indifferent to anyone but his family. Misfit has never felt anger like this, directionless fury that, like lightening, looks for the quickest route to the ground. The ground is Haunt, who does not back away from the anger sparking across his dust and blue body but leans into it. Calling his fury out with that voice, sweet and genderless and edged with razorwire that Misfit only knows is there because he has loved that voice for almost his entire life.

Misfit presses into Haunt in turn, pulls his head away from their words, from the brush of lips and hovering menace of shadow creature teeth. He slides his leg along one of Haunts, drops it heavily again, the strike muffled by dry earth and moldering leaves. He presses the side of his face to Haunt's lean frame, drags his cheek against their shoulder. "Would you go so easily? Forget me and play in your shadows where I cannot go?" There is regret in his tone, and a new wash of anger, he raises his head to grip the skin of their withers, then a hank of dark hair pulled tight, possessive.

"If I had the means, I would keep you, arrest you to myself and let you go only so far as my sight for one hundred years or more… but I am simple, only a man without any gifts. So I am left only to the options you suggest. " He draws his lips up along their colorless neck, slow deliberate words falling warm against the darkness until he sinks his teeth into the muscle just behind the shadow's jaw. Releasing Haunt he murmurs the single word required to chain himself to his lover for as long as they may want him. "Stay."

He does not wonder what this will mean, what future there is in this, for he is mortal and will want the things that mortals find fulfillment in. He has not said the words that normally bind lovers to one another, and may in fact give those words to another in time… always there will be something greater than that, more visceral and more sacred, that is only for Haunt. Their souls he would bind, if he could find a way, that they two could be brother, sister, lover, entity… never again more than a thought apart.

That too is beyond his reach. The closest thing left to them is the give and take between their bodies, and the promises made in the bed of shadows they will sprawl upon in the aftermath.

"I am yours. What will you do with me?"

MISFIT

@Haunt

Messages In This Thread
    RE: one of them is how bad i need you; Haunt - by Misfit - 08-13-2021, 12:50 PM