• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm alright today; Any

like an angel but with broken wings

Whatever Renfri had been expecting in response, it certainly wasn’t… that.

To say the girl is a bit taken aback is an understatement. The overo mare’s confidence in confirming that they are not the specks that Renfri had just implied gives the girl pause, and she realizes that this stranger will not be one that she can easily manipulate. You were not nothing. It rings in her head in a troubling sort of way, and Renfri wonders if her conversational partner has magicks of her own, or just a way of speaking that flips Renfri’s words all back onto herself in a way that leaves her flustered.

There are a few moments of silence as the two contemplate one another, and then the mare asks another question and Renfri takes a moment to consider herself. A horse, right? A child, correct? A manipulative little thing with powers that she has only just begun to explore. A child with a crooked halo and nearly-black wings that are almost long enough to drag the ground as she walks. She is Renfri, daughter of Tarte and Cirilla, sister to Cross; nothing more, nothing less.

She wonders which answer the stranger wants.

“That’s a rather rude question,” she says finally, childish petulance coloring her tone. “But I suppose it is correct to say that anatomically, I am a horse. As are you. Do you not know what a horse is? Because you’re older than me, so I think you’ve been around a bit longer than I have.” Still confused, but a bit more confident now, she continues.

“Some of us have powers, like wings and teleporting and stuff like that, but others don’t have anything at all. They named me Renfri, which is a warrior name or something.” Finally, the child stops, curiosity stilling her tongue for a moment. “What are you?”

She thinks it’s only fair, since the stranger had asked her first.

Renfri

@Ausra

Messages In This Thread
    i'm alright today; Any - by Ausra - 06-05-2021, 09:20 PM
    RE: i'm alright today; Any - by renfri - 06-06-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: i'm alright today; Any - by Ausra - 06-07-2021, 07:22 PM
    RE: i'm alright today; Any - by renfri - 06-30-2021, 09:59 PM