• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bury me and fade to gray
    The girl feels him in her mind like a heavy thing, like a weight. It makes her small head dip on the thin neck, as if the thoughts here are more than she can carry. Maybe they are, she has never thought a great deal, only reacted, only sensed, and never, ever, paused to examine the great dark expanse of her own mind.

Head low beneath the heft of his intruding consciousness, she smiles that blank and innocent smile up at him and blinks too many times in a row. What is she? That's a question for a philosopher, a question well beyond her capability, but he recedes suddenly from the pathways of her mind, confused, frustrated, and she lifts her head again, dark eyes bright as polished obsidian. Her mother gave her a thing once. She will give it to him.

"Enthrall!"

It's her name. Pale ears dance among pale curls in something that looks very much like delight (but which does not quite root itself into her heart or her mind if he is still paying enough attention.) The strange, empty, girl bounds forward at his beckoning with as little thought as she has given anything else. It is not for her to worry about the terrible things she may meet in the East.

"Come with! Draco!"

Enthrall
    The only thing to fear

@draco

Messages In This Thread
    bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-03-2021, 08:50 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-06-2021, 03:17 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-11-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-12-2021, 11:34 AM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-21-2021, 12:28 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-29-2021, 01:28 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 08-22-2021, 09:19 PM