• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any
    Desire

The huskiness of his voice when he repeats her name seems to go straight to her veins, an intoxicating kind of warmth spreading through her and settling as a heady buzz. It makes her focus on him sharpen while the rest of the world is suddenly blurred, and she tries to remember the last time someone tried to seduce her rather than the other way around. It is as if a veil has been pulled back to reveal what was undeniably in the undercurrent of their flirtatious banter, and Desire is suddenly under the impression that she is getting more than she bargained for—in the best way.

“Then perhaps I won’t spare you,” comes her own breathy murmur accompanied by that same sultry smile, watching as he steps closer to her. She tears her gaze away from him only when she feels the silken touch of the shadow-cat against her legs, looking to watch the way the darkness wraps around her pale skin before continuing on to the golden stallion that called it. She wants to ask him what else he can do with his shadows, but she refrains, for now.

He is tempting her, that much she will not deny, but forcing herself to resist has turned into her own personal challenge.

“So you’re a prince,” she says in response to the information he offers, keeping a tone of admiration. It is not entirely fake—she does have an appreciation for power of all kinds. But royalty only went so far, and she was interested in many other things besides his lineage. Being king or queen, or the child of one, did not immediately equate to being interesting or worth knowing. Darkling had so far proved himself to be very intriguing, but she doubts it has anything to do with his parents. However, as someone who could never possibly step out of the shadow her parents had cast, she is perhaps a bit biased in her opinion on bloodline and heritage.

She gives a curious tilt of her haloed head at his last statement, the silvery moonlight reflecting off the glassy black of her eyes and illuminating that inquisitive spark. “What made you choose Pangea, then?”
    so we're slaves to any semblance of touch, lord we should quit, but we love it too much

@Darkling

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any - by Desire - 10-07-2021, 04:18 AM