• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any
    Desire

From the darkness he crafts a creature, and she watches with a vague kind of interest. It reminds her of Jamie and his shadows, so the act itself isn’t anything terribly new or exciting, but she enjoys it all the same. She has always been the kind to be appreciative of another’s gifts. So many it seemed only knew how to be jealous, to sit and pine for things that could not be theirs, but for all of her flaws, that was the one thing Desire did not do. She did not mind the powers another might wield—she knew she had her own fair share of tricks, though they might have less teeth than others.

She was content to admire their fangs, knowing they would have a weakness hidden somewhere, if only she is patient enough to suss it out.

“I like your friend,” she tells him, though her tone is slightly dubious as she observes the monkey-like shadow. Her attention is mostly reserved for him, however, flicking her black eyes back to his with another smile and a low, lilting laugh. “You say my name with such disdain,” her face pulling into a mock frown as though he had injured her. It disappears quickly enough, reverting back to an almost nonchalance and that same casual smile. You did not grow up in a family like hers, with a brother like Stave, and not gain some kind of armor. He would have to try harder than that to burrow under her skin.

“Well, Darkling,” she drags out his name the same as he had done to her, the faintest hint of a dangerous spark igniting beneath the black surface of her eyes. “What brings you to Pangea? Do you have a special fondness for dust and suffocating heat?”
    so we're slaves to any semblance of touch, lord we should quit, but we love it too much

@Darkling

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any - by Desire - 06-30-2021, 10:22 PM