• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To the edge of night // Lillia
    And I looked and behold a pale horse
    His name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him
    She was a negative copy of the boy, brilliant white and gold while he was painted in the darkest of hues. Consequently, she was impossible to miss as she approached, illuminated with the warm light of the setting sun. 

Cross watched warily as the mare drifted near, a look of beatific joy on her sweet features. She was almost achingly perfect, and the fire crowned youth was uncertain how to react. Until she spoke, and he realized her mistake. An amused smile tilted his lips. 

"The angel Lillia? Can't say I've heard of that one," he drawled, one shoulder rolling beneath his wing. He wasn't a stranger to angels, per say. It was just that the kind he knew were not so easily identified. They were... mixed, so to speak. 

"I'm not an angel, no," he admitted, a little note of bitterness in his voice. Oh sure, he looked the part well enough. Looks weren't everything though. The power he carried was not so benevolent, so kind. That, he got from the other side of the family. His sister, on the other hand...

"I didn't think angels usually hung out this far south," he commented, wondering exactly where the luminous mare had wandered in from. If she had a home to call her own.

@Lillia

Messages In This Thread
    To the edge of night // Lillia - by Cross - 06-01-2021, 04:05 PM
    RE: To the edge of night // Lillia - by Lillia - 06-04-2021, 10:34 PM
    RE: To the edge of night // Lillia - by Cross - 06-25-2021, 12:45 PM