• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen

Each smile feels like a physical blow and Mazikeen needs to remind herself that this is not Gale, no matter how much it looks like him with that delight on his face. He is the first she has seen with these new eyes, she cannot help but think as he kisses her again and she needs to bite her tongue against the involuntary sigh that threatens to escape as he does it well. Knowing just where to touch her.

She wants to strike at him again, to tear off his face until they are both bloody and marked. And if asked, she would not be able to explain why she does not.

He mentions her disappointing track record and she gives a small smile of her own. “Can you blame me?” She says quietly, thinking of the perfect iridescent twins. And even though she knows the mouth that kisses her now is the one that had eaten her heart and her eyes, she cannot bring herself to regret giving the children away. She hadn’t predicted exactly what happened but she had known she was going to die, thanks to Selaphiel’s warning. “But this time will be different.” The words are more for herself than for him, another promise. By removing the twins from the equation last time she had made it so only she would be the one to get hurt and now she is bargaining for the safety of everyone else she cares for. And that is not something she is willing to risk.

Her gaze strays to the lake again, thinking about how she’d like to get this over with now. Before her heart can think of reasons to delay.

Mazikeen does not want to but she looks back at him, this armoured bear. Part of her is satisfied that he feels the need to go through such measures in her presence instead of weathering her thorns. She wonders whether that is a piece of her she’ll have to suffocate with the rest in order to survive this.

“Is there anything else you’d like from me today?” The words are gritted out but they are spoken all the same and that's what matters. The glowing markings on her back burn a little brighter as she seeks permission to leave. Obedience like this does not come naturally to her, but she is trying and if she pretends long enough she thinks that maybe it’ll start to come easier.

m a z i k e e n .

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 06-11-2021, 10:04 AM