• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen

Though her lip does curl into a snarl at the word, in that moment she does not think obedience sounds too bad. Mazikeen doesn’t have the imagination to be able to comprehend all that it will involve and she wants to believe she’s strong enough for whatever he’ll ask her to do. That her soul and heart will survive it and that her obedience will give her time to continue with her plans, even though those ideas seem so hazy and foolish now with her neck still tingling from the brush of Gale's teeth against it.

There is a small tremble that runs through her when he presses close. He still smells like Gale and though their happiness had been fleeting, her skin remembers what it feels like to have him so close and what that did to her heart. Now what causes her heart to race is a confusing mix of anger and fear and the echoes of affection. She does not let herself move away. Maybe, in time, she won’t want to and she’ll be able to control that tremble. Maybe there will be a day when her skin no longer crawls to have the body of her beloved Gale press against her while something else is in control of it. While it says and does terrible things.

Mazikeen doesn’t know whether it is better to hope for that day or wish she’ll be able to stop this all before it comes.

A startled What?” escapes her at his first request. Sabal. She isn’t sure what she had been expecting but it wasn’t that.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Mazikeen admonishes herself for having so many weak points. But it’s too late to change that - she’d do anything to protect her friends, to protect anyone she could. And she only wishes she hadn’t let that part of her be so obvious.

Her body obliges with a brightening glow as shock turns to anger and she moves to look at him more clearly with her burning eyes. She hates it but this request is something of a blessing - Sabal would be safer away from here. This could be how she saves her friend and her son. Everyone living here would all be safer away from Hyaline but Mazikeen does not know how to drive them all away until it is only her and the curse left.

Mazikeen knows her answer immediately, as she does with so many things, but she doesn’t verbally agree right away. Her head is whirling, trying to come up with plans, as she growls out “In exchange for their safety, I will do everything you ask of me. Anything.” Her muzzle twitches like she might reach out to touch him but instead she twists her bear’s head to look away and at the lake - her voice still seething when she asks. “Why ask me for this?” and then “What if she won’t leave?” She’s not asking these things to be difficult (mostly), she genuinely wants to know. And maybe she needs to hear whatever despicable things he will say in response so she will not be tempted to find a loophole, so she won't be able to forget why she asked for this deal in the first place.

m a z i k e e n .

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 06-06-2021, 12:19 PM