• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen

She would have liked surprise, but the scowl and petulance that her survival has been greeted with manages to soothe away the rising tide of anger at the idea of Gale killing anyone else. And then it’s her turn to scowl when he smiles. Her answer is clipped and short. “No.”

She hadn’t given the entities a single thought, actually. She’d been a little preoccupied recently growing a new heart and, apparently, a new set of eyes - and then before that she had been busy with the upcoming birth and her plan. It had been a surprise to discover more than one of them. Though she remembers Gale’s sweet promises to get them all she had just expected the one - the one that came with an alarm so they could spend their time occupied doing other things.

This new heart still loves him the same, it seems, and it aches to think of those happier times.

It is annoying that the entity didn’t seem to consider him a threat considering what had happened - but he must still consider himself a member of this kingdom. As with so much, this is both incredibly aggravating and exactly what she wants - she’d rather him be close. Even before she could heal she would prefer his attention to be here, on her.

Mazikeen’s bear lip curls back into a snarl when he takes a step closer, shifting into a navy version of the shape she is wearing. It needles her for them to be a matching set when it had once been such a source of delight. But then, that had been when it was Gale and not the Curse. Her orange eyes watch him carefully, wondering if Gale is in there. If he’s watching this, if there’s any piece of him left to save.

She’s going to try anyway, of course. Until one of them is reduced to ash or until she is successful.

Mazikeen doesn’t yield ground as Gale’s body draws closer, though part of her wants to. That is the part that remembers what it had felt like to wake up on the shore of the lake, shredded and clinging to life by some bizarre fluke.

She does, however, snap her jaws in his direction in warning when the Curse mentions the children but her mind latches on to his next words. Are they still hidden, then? She should know better than to trust anything out of his mouth but she still wonders if she can find out for sure. It would surely have said something if it had found them, it would have gloated - wouldn't it?

The Curse and its host don’t know her very well if it thinks she’s learned any sort of lesson. Mazikeen snorts in response to this question at first and the action is so normal that it alarms her, diffusing a little bit of the anger in her for a short moment.

When in her life had she ever learned a lesson when she should have?

“What lesson should I have learned?” She asks innocently. Or as innocently as she can ask while she’s a 2 meter tall, prehistoric bear with blood streaking its face and fire in her eyes.

m a z i k e e n .

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 06-02-2021, 08:45 PM