• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The purple queen wouldn’t share the location of the twins, and there was too much magic shimmering at the edges of its Vision for the Curse to feel comfortable pressing for information. It had left Tephra with nothing to show for the trip, and gnashed sharp teeth at anything that passed by. Most were wise enough to keep clear of the glittering blue creature, but by the time it slunk into Hyaline there were a half dozen newly glowing scars along Gale’s navy hide.

He’ll be entirely gold soon, like the pale yellow sands of the Pampas.

The Curse shoves away that rather pretty image, a remnant of Gale that remains despite its efforts to clear away the vestiges of its host. Since killing Mazikeen, Gale has been silent, and the Curse laments not doing so earlier.

It had wasted the fall and winter waiting for her to give birth, but at least it has made good use of spring. Bringing the entities to the mountains and consolidating their magical powers had been one of Gale’s ideas, but the Curse relishes the safe haven that his host has created. No alarm sounds as the brindle stallion moves across the border of the high altitude kingdom, and the sound of a delighted laugh echoes across the rocky landscape before Gale’s legs break into a run.

Between one stride and the next he shifts, from horse to hyena, stripped to faintly spotted. The body is more massive than any cave hyena had ever been, as tall as the shoulder now as it had been in horse form. Continuing its run, the pale-eyed creature makes its way into the heart of Hyaline, intent on finding the entities that it has gathered near the lake.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen - by Gale - 05-31-2021, 08:40 PM