• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Distance never made me stronger [Nashua]

The Freyr continues to listen to Ciri as she speaks of the old lands and her experience in the new ones. It is an odd thought, to fall asleep in one place (and another time) and to wake up in another one. She has the memories of an entire life before this one and Nashua can't help but feel a twinge of pride as he thinks that she exudes a Northerner's spirit; they are a resilient lot and the striped pegasus thinks that the onyx mare will do well with them.

"A few," Nash answers back teasingly.

But he confides in the Thane that he has another pair of younger siblings through his mother - twins that reside in Taiga - and then briefly explains his relation to Gale is fraternal. Ciri was raised as an only child, he learns. A daughter of a stallion whose name that he has heard before (because Hyaline is the place that the mother of Noel resides) and his blazed head nods, marveling quietly at the longevity of life in Beqanna.

"And here I thought you just wanted to enjoy my sparkling personality," he banters back to his Thane.

His grin tugs at one side again and the winged horse comes to stop along the dark pebbled beach. He nods, indicating that the Isle would be happy for her help. "It's yours," he tells his companion. The chestnut goes on to explain the patrol routes that he has taken in the past - trails that usually keep the mainland in sight and others that lead to the heart of their tundra home where the other Islanders reside. He does his best to check in with them but with Leilan's absence, that has become increasingly harder for Nashua to do.

Ciri's skills and experience will be an added boon for them this winter.
    The fortunes for the North continued to rise and as Nashua glances back to hazy Taiga, his current company makes him optimistic for the first time days that it might actually last.

@Ciri

NASHUA
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Distance never made me stronger [Nashua] - by Nashua - 07-04-2021, 04:51 PM