• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the sky has finally opened
    Helion doesn’t feel out of place in the night when he is with his twin. His golden glow is a little more subdued though this is contrasted by how much it stands out in the cool shadows of the night. He’s not a night creature but he pretends to be one for Cressida, and he enjoys getting to see her in her light. It’s a softer world, the one that wakes up in the darkness, and it suits her so perfectly.

The silver-eyed boy is also picturing Alaska shifting when Cressida mentions it, feeling a minor flutter of jealousy over how the girls in the family got to change forms. It never lasted long, because overall he was quite happy with who he was and it never took very long for his thoughts to cycle back to being content.

This time, it only takes so long as the space between when Cressida mentions their mom and when she says she thinks she’d like being a bird. “I’m only a bird between the ears, I think.” He’s grinning as he says this, and laughing again when he continues. “That’s what mom told me once.”

He’d gotten stuck somewhere when she told him that, he remembered that much. When he was first figuring out how two wings and four legs and a head and rear-end all worked together to make someone fly.

“We’ll have to ask them about the eggs later. After we do some flying.”
    HELION

@cressida

Messages In This Thread
    the sky has finally opened - by Helion - 05-28-2021, 02:23 PM
    RE: the sky has finally opened - by cressida - 05-28-2021, 05:46 PM
    RE: the sky has finally opened - by Helion - 06-02-2021, 09:58 AM
    RE: the sky has finally opened - by cressida - 06-04-2021, 11:51 AM
    RE: the sky has finally opened - by Helion - 06-23-2021, 08:24 PM