• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  let it wash over me like a flood
    The afternoon is growing late and this black mare is not looking forward to when night comes. While it had once been when she had come alive, once been when she had thrived and hunted, now she stumbles through the darkness - flinching away from the tiny lights that surround her. She does not recognize them as stars, she assumes they are souls - and even though there are only a few with her in the daylight hours she feels the weight of their presence all the same.

They are haunting her and she deserves it.

Although unskilled in conversation, she is looking for company in the meadow - looking for a distraction. She is discovering the uncomfortable weight of thoughts and though she has gotten a little bit better at being able to sort through them, being able to push aside some and focus on others, there is still a lifetime’s worth of skills she is catching up on. Talking to someone else gives her one single thing to think about, and while it’s not often pleasant it’s better than letting her thoughts swarm her. Better than watching the stars spin around her and better than thinking about how inanimate objects have the tendency to move around her.

When she first spots him, she thinks he is just a ghost. Somehow his soul has detached itself and is manifesting in solid form - a sign things are getting worse. She knows him immediately, as she knows the faces of all her victims. She remembers what it had been like to tear him apart.

Remembers how he had laughed.

Her stars move around her in their orbits as she looks at someone who she had thought was among the souls that were haunting her. How can he be here, walking around? Curiosity is not something that comes naturally to this mare but she finds her body moving forward - finds that she places her body in a position to be in his way so that she can tell him in her rough voice “You’re supposed to be dead.”
    NOSTROMO

@[Cassian] hi <3

Messages In This Thread
    let it wash over me like a flood - by Nostromo - 05-28-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-01-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-10-2021, 08:47 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-21-2021, 02:34 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 07-30-2021, 10:04 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 01-18-2022, 12:50 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-04-2022, 11:11 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-23-2022, 10:29 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 04-25-2022, 11:11 AM