• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Summer's kiss through electric wire // Any
    My tongue feels heavy, thick and wooly. Copper hot metal coats my mouth and when I can muster enough saliva, I spit. 

Blood swirled saliva smacks the ground, my lips rimmed with the same color. I've bitten my tongue at some point. Recently, if the ache in my mouth is anything to go by. And the spear of knarled wood in my chest... The flesh it touches is torn and weeping rivulets of that redness. Bruises bloom all down the front of me, and deep in my body I feel swollen and damaged. The injury I've grown so used to carrying is like new, and worse. 

I don't remember... What happened, why the ground is splashed with more blood, why my body is coming apart at the seams. My shoulders quake. The sob that's threatening to erupt is unforgivingly forced back down my throat. Ragged, painful breaths are all I allow to pass through my lips. 

Wings lax by my sides I force my legs to move. Forward, one stiff step at a time until I've moved beyond the blood stained grove and into deeper cover. It's cooler here, and that feels right. Dark and soothing, I take something that feels like my first full breath in an age. It hurts. It aches like breathing fire, but it brings me just a little closer to the ground. 

Close enough to feel the first chill determination. For all the blood spilled from my heart today, there is blood enough left in me. Whoever did this has written their own death sentence. 

I just... need to figure out who it was.

Messages In This Thread
    Summer's kiss through electric wire // Any - by Sabra - 05-27-2021, 09:05 PM