• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I can see a fire from a mile away
    Laurelin, lost as he is in his own thoughts (as few as they are) does not notice Chasmata’s embarrassment - he doesn’t even think there is anything to be embarrassed about. If he had, he might have attempted to ease it a little. Perhaps with a joke or a touch, likely fumbling each since comforting others is not one of the skills Laurelin has picked up while admiring himself.

He cares though, which should count for something.

Her comment about the sea creatures earns another bright laugh from him. “Their loss is your gain, then.” He tells her smoothly, eyes dancing as he does - thinking too that standing on the shore talking to his dear friend is a much better way to spend the day than risking freezing any vital parts off.

Another blazing grin at her question, this time accompanied by a softer chuckle and he answers honestly. “A little of both, but mostly trying to swim.” This time, he wasn’t even getting distracted by his reflection - though that is certainly something that has happened to him before.

He doesn’t mind one bit that she knows him so well.

And then, finally, Laurelin stops thinking about himself and because he finds he genuinely wants to know, his eyes dance over his pretty friend and he asks her “How’ve you been, Chasmata?”
    LAURELIN

@[chasmata]

Messages In This Thread
    I can see a fire from a mile away - by Laurelin - 05-27-2021, 07:52 PM
    RE: I can see a fire from a mile away - by Laurelin - 06-18-2021, 06:36 PM