• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how can I rearrange

She had looked upon him without shame but when he refers to her staring, she feels admonished, her dark head ducking a little in embarrassment. Nevermind that he had clearly placed himself on display for her, or that the shadows seem to billow around him in further invitation for her to watch.

He doesn’t sound particularly interested in the fact that she was dead, not that she can blame him. Still, she answers anyway - because it’s a question and she was raised (a long time ago) to be polite. “I was dead for so long I don’t remember what it is to be alive.” She tells him as though it is very simple and not a source of constant strife every single day that the sun rises.

Maybe she would have tried to explain more, or maybe she would have run off then like the mouse she is, except for what happens next. Risa jumps in her skin when she blinks and he is right in front of her, close enough to touch - close enough that she can feel his breath. This does nothing to persuade her that she was wrong to consider him a deity - on the contrary, it confirms this idea. No mortal could do such things.

Her dark blue eyes are wide in amazement and fear, these same emotions causing her heart to race rapidly in her chest.

But she’s held still - caught by the flash in his dark golden eyes and the mention of his home so she does not move away. Her interest in what he has said is at war with some remnant of self-preservation that tells her this is a predator she should avoid. Not someone she should willingly step into the den of, driven by a curiosity to see what sort of place a creature like this would call home. He says forests but she is picturing trees so close they form a cave, branches so dense they block out the sun.

And that is a place this mouse would like to see. So she nods, and when she is not sure that is enough a very quiet “Yes” escapes her on her next breath - still feeling caught, still unable to look away from his molten eyes.

@Illum

Messages In This Thread
    how can I rearrange - by Risa - 05-27-2021, 06:56 PM
    RE: how can I rearrange - by Illum - 06-01-2021, 10:21 PM
    RE: how can I rearrange - by Risa - 06-17-2021, 06:19 PM
    RE: how can I rearrange - by Illum - 06-21-2021, 08:32 PM
    RE: how can I rearrange - by Risa - 06-24-2021, 05:39 PM