• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Moira
    Her mother smells of the sea, and her embrace surrounds Moira like sun-warmed sand, and the girl smiles happily. There is so little about her life that is not wonderful, and so she is pleased but not surprised that Aquaria has not seen a bird quite like Moira’s before.
    She seems impressed, too, and the filly shakes her head with a laugh when the Dame asks if the bird is part parrot.
    “Not that I know of!”

While Aquaria climbs to her feet, Moira looks back out over the ocean. The mainland is nearly out of sight, but she knows that the trees there have almost lost their autumn foliage. They will be bare, ready for the coming winter, and Moira wants to see them.

“Would it be okay if I went to the Mainland?” She asks, knowing she is just approaching the age at which she’ll no longer need her mother’s permission. She doesn’t need it now, not really, not if she could convince Grandmother to spirit her away. But she does try to be a good daughter, and so she asks.

“I’d like to see Helion again, I think. And maybe see what the Meadow is like?” She had told her mother about the golden sun with enthusiasm, explaining that he has a sister who is a moon, and that she'll meet her someday too. 

@Aquaria

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Moira - by Moira - 06-28-2021, 06:13 PM