• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if the heavens ever did speak; etro

I’ll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
    tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife

He’d never thought himself particularly broken, Before. He had not been well, by any means; he had been a plain boy, a devout boy, one who would not be missed when he was gone.
    (The lattermost part of that is still true, perhaps – but he is no longer plain, nor is he devout.)
    But then, in a waterfall, in a cascade, the time went missing and he awoke purple. The time went missing and he awoke with strange and tarnished memories of impossible things and impossible faces.
    Time went missing and he awoke like this, a possessor, able to touch their minds.
    (Save for hers. Praise be, save for hers.)

She speaks of how her home doesn’t want her there and he wants to say he understands but he doesn’t not exactly. He knows similar feelings, but not in the way she had – he has not been poisoned by the very land he once loved.
    (But then, he’s never loved any land.)
    “Maybe we could,” he affirms, and the idea sounds idyllic – a place to call home, where his mind stays within him.
    (He can deal with the rest. Surely, he can deal with the rest.)
    “Yes,” he says. Yes, it would be wonderful.
    “I wasn’t born here,” he tells her. He wonders if it matters, “I don’t know anywhere except the meadow.”

sleaze
    cancer x garbage

(agggh sorry for the crap my msue isn't around today)

Messages In This Thread
    if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by sleaze - 08-17-2015, 10:01 AM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 08-18-2015, 01:14 AM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 08-22-2015, 05:46 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 08-26-2015, 11:13 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 08-29-2015, 09:07 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 09-02-2015, 01:22 AM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by sleaze - 09-03-2015, 04:58 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 09-10-2015, 11:10 PM
    RE: if the heavens ever did speak; etro - by etro - 09-20-2015, 04:19 PM