• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  heaven help a fool who falls in love; malik
    Hyperia’s laughter sounds like birdsong, but better, and Malik wants to make her laugh again. She is kind and beautiful and he suddenly feels very gross and muddy. Make good impressions, their mother has told them, and perhaps this is not his best.

Well, today has not been Malik’s best day in many ways. Yet she’s still smiling down at him, and she offers to help him, and when she expresses what sounds like sadness at his depature, Malik forgets his soreness and his plans to return home and promises:

“Oh I will stay with you!” It is too enthusiastic, but he is young and does not know better. As soon as he agrees though, he remembers home, and Mazikeen’s loyalty and Gale’s adherence to promises made rise guiltily in his gut.

“But I can’t stay for very long. I promised my mom I wouldn’t fly very high but then I did.” His confession is quick like his mind, and he glances back at the water behind her.

“My mom says all water is connected. Is that true? Does your water touch the ocean? I live by the ocean.” Most of Beqanna is by the ocean, so perhaps @Sickle is not the most feeble-minded of the twins after all.

@hyperia

Messages In This Thread
    RE: heaven help a fool who falls in love; malik - by Malik - 06-25-2021, 07:13 AM