• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  heaven help a fool who falls in love; malik
    Hyperia
    YOU’VE BEEN ON MY MIND SINCE THE FLOOD
    She doesn’t hear him until he’s speaking and although her heart leaps at the surprise, she manages to remain composed. Instead she tilts her childish head down and toward him, her bright red eyes curious more than startled. She doesn’t reply right away and instead watches him with her interest piqued, lips pressing into a delicate smile, pulse fluttering at the thought of having someone to visit her.

“Hi,” she breathes, hoping that he is not an illusion to be shattered from the first word. Oh how she hopes that he is here to stay—how she hopes that he is real and not someone she merely imagined.

“Help?” she responds, a frown crossing her delicate features. “I don’t think so,” she replies honestly, wondering what he could mean. As he continues, she laughs, the sound silvery and sweet, nothing in it pointed. “Oh, I’m not lost. I live here.” She glances around them and to the river that rages in the storm, something in her pulled toward it with an undeniable gravity. “It’s difficult to get lost in your home.”

At his admission though, she takes a step toward him, shy and meek.

“I could maybe help you though,” she offers. “If you aren’t staying,” this is a little softer, the idea of it too precious for her to say loudly. She doesn’t begrudge him that he must leave, but she cannot deny that the thought of keeping someone for herself in this river beats against her breastbone incessantly. It’s a dark emotion, something born of her nature, her loneliness, this thing that her father has twisted in her.

She is too young to know it for the dark thing it is.

So she just watches him quietly, ignoring it for now.
    HEAVEN HELP THE FOOL WHO FALLS IN LOVE

@[Malik]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: heaven help a fool who falls in love; malik - by hyperia - 06-09-2021, 11:26 PM