• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  innocence died screaming, honey ask me I should know, agetta
    Ryatah
    She cannot mask her confusion at Agetta’s answer, at first. It flickers across her face in a way that causes the smile on her face to falter, and perhaps if this were anyone else she would think that her response was meant to be a barb, needled beneath her skin. Because, how could it not be? To say that she does not remember being in Hyaline—to imply that she does not remember being with Atrox, to tipping the first domino that had aided in what should have been their collapse (she is not entirely faultless, of course—her transgressions had been just as damaging as Atrox and Agetta, if not more so), felt like an underhanded way of trying to get a rise from her.

But things like jealousy and anger are not readily available to her, not after having been trained to push them down for so many years, though there is a disquiet that stirs toward the surface.
    It shows in the shadow of her eyes, in the way she stares at Agetta for perhaps a heartbeat too long as she wrestles with the strange feeling that twists like vines around her ribcage.

It is only because it is Agetta and she has never known her to be malicious that her suspicion is mostly just confusion at the oddity of the comment, and her own reply is slow, spoken in a careful way, “It’s been awhile, and I’m sure a lot has happened between now and then.” She does not know if Agetta’s life is as turbulent as her own; she thinks she might forget the places she has been and the flings she has had if they did not all have ways of branding themselves onto her—emotionally and physically.

It would take an act of god—a specific god—for her to ever forget anything.

“It’s nerve-wracking when you’re new at it,” she says with a quiet laugh in response to Maze being nervous. Does she even remember what it was like to be a new mother? Her first few had been born under far different circumstances; the first two in the jungles of a different land, and the next two under the careful watch and control of a man she did not dare stray from. “I’m sure she will do fine, though. Especially with you to help.” She has always considered Agetta to be a far better mother than she was, and she was grateful that Beyza had spent her formative years with Agetta as a mother, and not her.

She asks her how long she has been in Hyaline and this earns another confused stare, and a further suspicion that something is wrong. “Atrox and I have been in Hyaline for quite a few years, now. Since the time that it was his, and through Breach, and now with Maze. And things are...surprisingly perfect.” To say it outloud, she cannot stop the slow, nearly hidden smile that accompanies the sudden heat that flushes her face. It did not always feel real to her, to know that she has someone that belongs to her so wholly, that was willing to ride out every chaotic storm her life seemed to stir.

“And how are you?” She asks when she redirects her distant gaze back to her face, almost asking how’s Plume? before she catches herself, knowing better than most that asking about any kind of relationship does not always make for the best conversation. “I see you made it out of the eclipse seemingly unscathed.”
    EVEN ANGELS HAVE THEIR WICKED SCHEMES

@[Agetta]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: innocence died screaming, honey ask me I should know, agetta - by Ryatah - 05-30-2021, 05:07 PM