• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Good memories and fatal mistakes [Yanhua/Any]
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

Amarine’s glance away speaks volumes to the buckskin unicorn when she steps back next to Yan. Having been raised in a sisterhood she was incredibly attuned to the workings of mares and perceptive enough to read into even the most subtle of gestures. Her smile softens as Yan’s enthusiasm does and she is not put out when he moves closer to his mates side. She had come here on Yan’s offer not out of any kind of crush or love, only a friendly affection that she had unexpectedly found that day on the Isle. Her taste in men was rather questionable (she was about to find) and Yan was far from her type in that regard.

The same breeze that plays along his pale golden mane stirs her own dark strands and carries the sweet scent of her flowers along the currents of the wind. Her golden gaze follows him as he presses a kiss to Amarine’s forehead and wistfully wonders if she will ever feel an affectionate touch like that. At the same time it makes her insides churn with unease to think of herself unguarded and open to such feelings. She does not want to ever have someone control the reins of her feelings, to make her glance away in jealousy or sadness like the mare before her. It was better to keep a lover at arms length, she thinks. If she was to find one at all that is.

Bardot laughs lightly as he speaks of flower crowns and she throws her head in a nod of agreement. “You really didn’t, too cold and rather dull.” She adds, hoping to soothe any ruffled feathers with that statement. Yan moves away from them, speaking of Taiga and then adds a curious little phrase about being too wonderful to hide. It’s followed by an offer that makes her pause, makes her hesitate.

She was nervous of finally facing this quest, nervous of entering the little stretch of jungle left and either coming up empty handed or finding exactly what she was looking for. There was no point in putting it off any longer. Better to rip off that bandaid and see whatever was revealed beneath. She finds she wouldn’t mind the company either, just in case. “Is Tephra open to outsiders?” She asks frankly, looking between the two of them. Another pause as she considers how much she wants to reveal and then realizes it doesn’t matter at all. Not really. “It’s just that… I’m looking for someone. If they are to be found anywhere it’s in the jungle.” Another pause as she rolls her shoulder in a small shrug and gives a small grin. “I wouldn’t mind the company if you both wanted to come along.”

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@[Yanhua] @[Amarine]
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Good memories and fatal mistakes [Yanhua/Any] - by Bardot - 06-19-2021, 03:13 PM