• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bring on the night

Anuya doesn’t even pay attention to Sidhra’s response to her greeting because she is so surprised to hear the familiar thought-voice in her head that she shouts “WHAT!!” overtop of whatever nonsense the elder fae was telling her. Well wasn’t that something! One less thing for Sidhra to sulk about, at least.

And it is great news - though Anuya’s going to miss making up reactions for her sister, knowing full well that Sidhra was unable to do anything about it. Her turquoise eyes dance, glad to have gotten a smile out of her older sister, glad to see that she’s doing better - even joking around about her sulking ways. Anuya missed the tricks she could do, from tossing acorns to shapeshifting, but she hadn’t needed hers the way that Sidhra had needed to be able to project her thoughts. And maybe having that back will help make this place a little more like home.

The starry fae laughs at Sidhra’s question. “Just a few. Did you know that these horses can hear perfectly fine with their tiny ass ears? I, for one, was pretty shocked.” She describes Aureus and his star companion and Gravitas and his stupid smirk and how she had been pretty proud of shouting at them when she first met them, only to discover it had not be necessary. “They’ve also got this like… magic mountain thing? And you can go on quests so I’m on one to get my rock-throwing power back.” Telekinesis? Whatever it was officially called. Anuya just thought of it as her ‘throw small objects at someone until they pay attention to her’ magic.

When Anuya tilts her head to regard her sister, her long ears flop a little with the movement. “It’s not so bad here, you know.”

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@[Sidhra]

Messages In This Thread
    bring on the night - by Sidhra - 05-18-2021, 02:26 PM
    RE: bring on the night - by Anuya - 05-18-2021, 07:27 PM
    RE: bring on the night - by Sidhra - 05-20-2021, 08:31 PM
    RE: bring on the night - by Anuya - 05-25-2021, 03:48 PM
    RE: bring on the night - by Sidhra - 06-02-2021, 09:09 PM
    RE: bring on the night - by Anuya - 06-11-2021, 07:34 PM