• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Dreaming about the things that we could be; Ledger
    Leilan
    Change is nothing new to Leilan, having been born as plain as any - okay, besides his magical charm and insanely good looks of course - he has of course been gifted among the years that he had spent in Beqanna, not in the least with a shifting trait that he had worked for. Seeing Ledger’s different shapes doesn’t bother the scaled stallion any more than if he had yawned or blinked an eye, so the conversation continues smoothly. ”She has that warm personality,” Leilan agrees, smiling a bit at that; it’s no wonder she attracted all kinds of friends and allies.

As he opens a portal to the Isle and pulls snow and ice through, gathering it all into a cave (this is an ongoing process; he takes the time for the Northern winds to blow the snow and ice into the cave entrance, and turns to Ledger to talk to him while this goes on). The now-stallion seems curious about Oceane more than the ice cave that he’d promised to make, and he earns himself a cocky, knowing smile. Nevertheless, the roan answers the question. ”I think it was her first day in Beqanna, all those years ago. Or maybe shortly after. I may have interrupted. I think.” he muses, then shrugs it off. ”Anyway, I helped her in a few occasions, and she me. I didn’t think I’d ever set a hoof in Loess again after some fallouts with one of its former leaders. Or, some. I don’t know how many actually disliked me and who was pretending, but she made sure to invite me.” he offers a little insight into his personality as he grins like a mischievous teenager when he mentions his relations with some of Loess’ previous leaders hadn’t all been the best. As if to say that yes, he actually did it on purpose sometimes. It’s nothing but the truth.

”Is there something in particular you’re curious about?” his eyes sparkle with the same mischievousness when he asks this, though there is no malice to be found. ”This may take a while.” he nods to the winter storm that he is inviting into the Loessian cave. It’s a deep one, so it may last through the summer - hopefully - once it is filled. Or at least that is his hope.
    old, but I'm not that old
    young, but I'm not that bold

@Ledger
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Dreaming about the things that we could be; Ledger - by Leilan - 06-28-2021, 12:06 PM