• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Maybe this will be my cure // Galadriel, Any
    The lack of trees, of a pocket full of hideaways that I could duck into at any given moment, is a glaring distress now that I'm no longer alone. The black stallion, such a contrast to the color of the ground he stands on, is dispassionate as I rise. 

Worse, he knows my mother. Her name on his lips makes my blood freeze in my veins. Is it worth lying, denying? My mouth tightens as I'm making up my mind, and saved by the appearance of a third. Half-formed, scarlet and white and haughty. She reminds me in that way of my mother, young as she is. A girl my tumultuous dam might approve of. 

"Nothing, I'm not doing anything," I assured, avoiding looking her in the eye. And then my teeth grit, a shot of venom when I do look at her. "You look strange," I snap, going from demure to indignant in the space between two heartbeats. It's a lie, though. She's pretty, and eye catching. Hard not to be, that shade of red. 

In the same breath of anger, I turn back to the watching man, his eyes as livid as her coat. "It doesn't matter who my mother is," not to him, not to anyone. Maybe it only matters to me. 

@[Obscene] @[galadriel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Maybe this will be my cure // Galadriel, Any - by Calavera - 05-24-2021, 05:35 PM