• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Stuck underwater [Oceane]

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

I imagine you can get into all sorts of good trouble.

The way he says it, words and eyes both darkening beneath the brief implication, coaxes a low and slow exhale from the opalescent woman. For the first time since meeting the one-eyed man, she finds herself pleasantly abashed; involuntarily, her amber gaze averts itself and her striped neck curls until her soft muzzle sits at the muscle of her chest, masking the heat that has risen to her teal face with a quiet, polite cough.

But when her gaze has returned to his handsomely weathered face and he has offered his advice on the still-unfolding situation in the Pampas, the moment swiftly takes its leave. Though despite the brevity of Oceane's discontent at Ledger's advice, he is ever the observant creature. And had she not already dismissed whatever negativity had blossomed internally at the unsolicited guidance he'd provided, the quick way he'd noticed her reaction would have solved the issue regardless. “It's okay. Truly,” she responds to his apology with a warm smile and kind eyes, her words continuing to offer an explanation for her sudden bristling at the very least, “I just wasn't expecting it. It's been a long time since advice has been offered to me without me needing to ask first.”

Tarian and Fiorina would both offer advice happily if asked, though Oceane cannot recall a time that either of them had simply provided it.

Ledger's soft flaxen muzzle is unexpectedly at her shoulder, causing her balefire skin to twitch beneath the warmth of his maw and the tickle of his whiskers - and yet, Oceane leans into it. But the touch is short-lived (too short) and just as quickly as his breath had brushed against her does it leave her shoulder. In its place remains a ghost of his touch, and the desire for more.

But she has dampened his smile again, this time by attributing his loyalty and his generosity to Loess and not to her own self. Oceane stalls here, wondering if she should backtrack in an attempt to tell him explicitly that she appreciates his willingness to be here for her. With her. Instead, she trudges forward in an attempt to avoid a conversation that would involve her diving too deep into the tendrils of new feelings that have begun to form.

Tephra, she asks of him, and immediately regrets it.

“Ledger,” soft and apologetic, she takes a small step closer to the scarred stallion, though she does not entirely bridge the gap. Never been skilled at displaying her affection or consoling those she cares for, this one. “You don't need to apologize,” she adds quietly before tucking her nose beneath his chin and lifting it back up. The touch is fleeting, but her gaze remains warm even as she pulls back from him. “I didn't think... anyway. Leave Tephra to Cheri and I. Perhaps you could check out Icicle Isle's subsidiaries, Taiga and Nerine.” She pauses and adjusts the glowing feathers involuntarily at her sides, and when she speaks again it's with a tenderness that isn't often there.

“I'm sorry for whatever it was that hurt you. I hope you'll find that you feel comfortable enough here, with me, to continue to be truthful when I've asked something of you that might make you panic.”

@[Ledger]
    “”

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-06-2021, 01:54 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-12-2021, 11:55 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-13-2021, 12:19 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-15-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-16-2021, 02:20 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-17-2021, 09:31 PM