• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Stuck underwater [Oceane]

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

Oceane chuckles, the sound warm and debonair, though her internal reaction is not so different from Ledger's. If only they could both find it in themselves to drop the act of tiptoeing would they see their youths were not so different. The Loessian Queen herself hadn't escaped the confines of her motherland - nor the torment of the King, the deaths of her first two children, or the torturous magic of his royal arithmancers - until well into adulthood. But despite this, she knows the one-eyed man's statement to be true and so she responds the way she is expected to. “Perhaps,” she agrees as she thrusts the melancholy from her grasp and focuses actively on exuding warmth. Though not intentional, her efforts come across as something quite demure, “There is such a thing as good trouble, you know.”

She trusts Cheri and the upbringing that Yanhua had provided to her, but Oceane will not deny the girl the freedom to create herself in her own image. Mistakes will be made - of that much she is entirely certain - but there is no better way to learn than to immerse.

She shifts gears, confiding in the flaxen-tressed man her excited hope for the Pampas and its new Prince. “Yes,” she confirms without delay that Obscene's presence has piqued her interest before flicking an ear at the sudden and unexpected agitation she feels at Ledger's advice. It would be wise, he says, as if she did not know wise from unwise on her own, and she bites the inside of her cheek, allows herself a moment to settle, and returns the grin to her lavender lips.

He is only trying to help, after all, and though she was briefly rankled this is still a truth she knows and appreciates.

I must be boring you, she returns, deciding to forbear any further comments she would have made regarding the Pampas for now. His one-word reply causes a flutter in her chest, but she ignores it with a quiet clearing of her throat and a flick of her ear, their conversation progressing swiftly into Ledger's offer to assist the Southern kingdom. He seems not to notice the way her expression had fallen, albeit briefly, though that doesn't stop the balefire woman from watching the creases at the corners of his lips or the tautness of his forehead for a reaction. After a moment, she realizes she's hopeful that he would want to remain.

He speaks again. And his voice, suddenly husky, shoots lightning through her.

Oceane's mouth is immediately full of cotton, and her stomach, butterflies. It's a feeling she hasn't felt in years; Soran, himself, had only given her a feeling of safety and while she had loved him - still does, in a distant and melancholic way - he had never lit a fire inside of her. She tries to deny herself this feeling, even now in the privacy of her home and the high walls of the canyon. “For Loess, then,” she breathes back, denying that Ledger would want to do this for her individually instead of the Kingdom as a whole. “The bear's only obligation is to enjoy the winter wonderland Leilan will undoubtedly provide,” The Isle's Freyr has a way of showing up when others need him, and despite his outward appearances Oceane knows him to be a generous being. “I'd like for you to visit Tephra,” he had dedicated his services there before, after all, “I've yet to meet Warden or Wishbone, and it's my hope they or some of the other residents remember you fondly.” She smiles, her amber gaze growing coy once more.

“And... perhaps you could keep an eye on Cheri. Teach her. Just in case. She does not need a babysitter, but I do want her to be safe.”

@[Ledger]
    “”

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-06-2021, 01:54 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-12-2021, 11:55 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-13-2021, 12:19 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-15-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-16-2021, 02:20 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-17-2021, 09:31 PM