• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Stuck underwater [Oceane]

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

She's unsure why she feels she must be so formal with Ledger, though she finds herself standing here with a proud set to her head and a polite, contained smile. But undoubtedly, if she stopped refusing to think about it, Oceane would be quite sure why - because it's easier to keep him at arm's length this way, to refrain from blurring the line between kingdom comrade and something that feels more promising and warm than friends. So she continues to choose a blissful ignorance, letting the tone of his greeting set her aflame in the chest before she pushes it away to address the inquiry he has presented.

It's a welcome interlude from the attraction she refuses to acknowledge.

“Quite a bit, actually.” The foothills, along with the Southern kingdom, had certainly shown proof of life over the last season. “We've received a new charge from Taiga. A young woman named Cheri that has already shown an unmatched desire to learn,” Oceane smiles wide at this, quite fond already of the obsidian girl. Cheri's desire to learn reminds the Loessian Queen of herself when she had first arrived to Beqanna, after shaking away the trauma she'd learned in the clutches of Nau-Aib. Once she'd realized what knowledge could unlock for her, there had been no turning back.

“And our subsidiary, the Pampas, is under the protection of a new Prince, a name he has fashioned for himself.” This is of particular interest to Oceane, and she shows it in the curious glint of her gilded eyes. “I've yet to visit the usurper, though to be quite honest...” Her voice fades for a moment as the sudden thought that she should be careful what information she chooses to share rises into the forefront of her mind. But she gazes at Ledger, at the expectancy in his face, and can't find reason not to confide in him. “Well, I'm a bit excited. Tarian met with him upon visiting the Pampas, and it seems the new Prince intends to liven the place up. I'm sad to see Noah removed from the throne, certainly, but the Pampas has been quiet for some time now and I'm quite partial to seeing the South bustling.”

She stops just short of saying that she hopes the new liveliness from the Pampas is not one that brings about unneeded turmoil and an apologetic smile forms across her lavender lips. “I must be boring you,” she concludes, giving Ledger an opening to continue speaking if he should choose to do so.

When he does, Oceane misinterprets his first words and she can't hide the sudden crestfallen look that sweeps away the smile on her face. She rustles the wings at her sides with agitation before it dawns on her that he had not meant he would be leaving Loess permanently, at which point the new tautness of her muscles subsides and the worried furrow of her brow disappears once more. Oceane listens to the one-eyed man with the interest of a friend and a Queen, and she knows well before he finishes that she would be lucky to employ his services.

“If you'd like to help, Loess would love to have you in that capacity. Though I hope your offer doesn't stem from any feelings of obligation.” Her amber eyes watch him with faux sternness before she cracks a smile and tosses her balefire head to remove the windswept forelock from her gaze. “Do you prefer guard duty or diplomacy, Ledger?”

@[Ledger]
    “”

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-06-2021, 01:54 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-12-2021, 11:55 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-13-2021, 12:19 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-15-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-16-2021, 02:20 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-17-2021, 09:31 PM