• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  What fickle flame - (Phae pony)

I can see the fire's still alight

Laughable. That she would claim he had no authority to tell her what she was when she’d done the very same to him since the beginning of their interaction. Every time she opened her mouth, Brunhilde only served to deepen the hole she was digging. That was fine with Tiberios, though. He would watch from the edge as she sunk further and further away. Even the fire she wields is more of a beauty than a threat to him, though it certainly could bite. He’d tasted that heat before and wanted nothing more of it, and the last thing he desired was to watch her writhe underneath the liquid plasma of his own powers so similar to hers.

Similar, but worse.

He’d much rather admire her as she was: cloaked in resplendent orange and yellow, wings of flame covering her back like a heavenly entity. As if the gods on high had commanded her spirit to be anchored to the earth in this life, but as an apology for having done so they’d allowed her to soar into the sky with those wrathful limbs of light.

He had eyes (as insistent as they were on looking down at her with a mixture of pity and contempt,) he could clearly see the beauty in her lines. The careful, deadly grace in the creator’s thoughts where she was concerned. But he had no drive to pursue it, nor did Tiberios long for company the way most nomadic stallions did. He had his own purpose, which he kept in mind when answering her question about why he was in the forest.

“I am not lost.” He told her matter-of-factly, in a way that wouldn’t prickle her already over-sensitive nerves. “And since you seem hellbent on asking, I’ll give in- ” The patchwork horse sighed.

“My name is Tiberios. I’ve been living here for a little while, but I intend on heading north to a place called Silver Cove.” He explained. “News spread around that a horse who could speak to the dead lived there, and I have some questions that need answering.” Tib told the little flame.

As far as he was concerned, he couldn’t be of much help to her or remedy her … predicament. She’d said she was lost, not that she currently suffered from the same affliction (though he had a good idea as to how she might’ve ended up in a sticky situation of her own making.) And even if that were true, Tib had no modern knowledge of this world or where specific places were. He would make his way to the Cove in good time, with the help of anyone willing to aid him with direction.

But Brunhilde? If she wanted help, he’d suggest she work on her approach a bit more.

@[brunhilde]

Messages In This Thread
    What fickle flame - (Phae pony) - by Tiberios - 05-05-2021, 10:36 PM
    RE: What fickle flame - (Phae pony) - by Tiberios - 05-21-2021, 12:17 PM
    RE: What fickle flame - (Phae pony) - by Tiberios - 06-07-2021, 11:14 AM
    RE: What fickle flame - (Phae pony) - by Tiberios - 06-21-2021, 03:26 PM