• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  What fickle flame - (Phae pony)
    There was a whole world for Tiberios to discover, but the only place he truly wanted to go didn’t exist. How screwy was that? An entire island-contient to explore, countless new lands and horses to encounter, but all he dreamed of was a memory long gone. The Falls and their crashing beauty had been wiped away. The Dale and its angels, part of history now. He was sure that somewhere out there a physical landmass existed that was similar, but Tib reasoned that finding it wouldn’t put those aching memories to rest where they belonged. He should start over, try making a new life since he’d been given a second chance, and the most he’d done since returning was meandering along the twisted river or hanging out in the Forest like the nomad he was.

Winter didn’t really bother him. He could rough it out here for weeks in the most bitter cold since the very essence of his blood seemed alive and burning. His skin, one-half a beautiful blend of black and pepper-white markings, the other half a raw stretch of bare horse hide, ran warm to the touch at all times. If the temperature dropped he could always draw out the fire and wrap himself in its strange, pearly white flame. A gift, given to him many years ago. Stolen and now returned to the rightful owner.

At the thought of it, Tiberios’ memories slipped back to a place of resentment. He thought of the wolf-shifter for the thousandth time, lamenting that he’d missed the opportunity to right an egregious wrongdoing. It pained him to know that generations of kin had been born to that monster, carrying on a lineage that should’ve been his by birthright. “The fucker.” Tib cursed that long-dead spirit again, leaning back against a rough tree trunk as he mentally shaped a ball of flame in front of himself. The fire dipped and flittered, molding itself to his thoughts at whim while hovering midair in the frigid night. It cast an eerie sort of gleam across Tiberios’ face, causing rainbow colors to flash and shimmer from his holographic blaze.

He looked past it, out to the shadowy woods that creaked from an unseen wind, and then the flame sputtered out in a flash. “I saw your eyes, stranger.” The sabino stallion announced gruffly, pushing himself off the tree to stand at the ready. “Trust me - you don’t want me coming after you, so you might as well slither out now.” He stated plainly.

@[phaetra] I really should make him some html, shouldn't I?  Blush

Messages In This Thread
    What fickle flame - (Phae pony) - by Tiberios - 05-05-2021, 10:36 PM
    RE: What fickle flame - (Phae pony) - by Tiberios - 05-21-2021, 12:17 PM
    RE: What fickle flame - (Phae pony) - by Tiberios - 06-07-2021, 11:14 AM
    RE: What fickle flame - (Phae pony) - by Tiberios - 06-21-2021, 03:26 PM