• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Even when the light can't find me [Any]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

Cheri had seemed to figure him out in a matter of seconds, had managed to unravel his complicated relationship with his shifting in a way that’s taken him years to understand. In fact he’s still figuring it out and it hadn’t quite hit him that the bear’s thoughts and ideas were a manifestation of all the tainted experiences he had lived, that it only spiraled out of control when his feelings were out of control. What he thought was bad, this evil counterpart to himself, had never been evil to begin with. It was hard to disassociate that when he can still vividly recall how he had gained this power and who had installed it within him to begin with.

She begins to drift closer to him, curiosity reflected in the gleaming green of her eyes, and he finds himself frozen, unsure. “Er..” He can’t help but physically flinch as she speaks of touching him, a reaction he wasn’t prepared for. She quickly dives into an explanation and his ears seem to curve forward as he listens, curious but hesitant.

He had not forgotten what had happened with Oceane (how could he forget?) when they had traveled through his past on the whim of an unintentional wish. The images that played before them were the same ones he thought of randomly every day, the painful memories that had burrowed deep into the flesh and bone that made him what he was. Even though Oceane’s unexpected magic had resolved the issue of his heart it was only one part of his brokenness. It couldn’t fix him completely. She speaks of traumas and he nods in understanding but the hesitance still lingers in the gold flecks of his eye.

“I appreciate you wanting to help me.” He manages with a gentle smile, feeling an overwhelming affection for this young spitfire who wanted to change the world and make it a better place then how she found it. “I’m just worried what that might do to you.” Perhaps part of it is deflection for how long had he just pushed all that hurt and suffering deep within himself instead of dealing with it directly? Old habits were hard to break. There is genuine concern for her though, if she could connect to these old wounds… They were dangerous and ugly things. Having cemented themselves so firmly to his being, they would be stubborn to remove.

“I’ve seen a lot of darkness Cheri. ” He admits quietly, watching her carefully. “I don’t know what that might do to you if you… connect to it.” His worry lies mostly in physically harming her. There had been others that had tried to help him and gotten only bear claws in return. He doesn’t think he could stand it if he hurt someone else again. But if he tried…. The image of Oceane pressed against him, her warm amber gaze looking at him as if she saw a gallant knight instead of a broken man… It’s almost enough to make it worth the risk. To be stronger if only for her. it's the thought that keeps him from flat out denying her, that has him consider her request.

Ledger

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Even when the light can't find me [Any] - by Ledger - 06-11-2021, 02:26 PM