• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's like we're on our own to figure it out | mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

When Gale turns to find Mazikeen watching him, he feels suddenly - and inexplicably - trapped.

The sensation is fleeting, but the echo of it remains in the rapid pounding of his heartbeat and the tightness in his throat, and he only barely manages to calm himself as she comes closer.

Her voice is soft, soothing, unsuspicious, and her touch is gentle. Gale takes a deep breath, calmed by her nearness, and realizes he’s forgotten every eloquently apologetic word of what he’d planned on telling her. Had the Curse taken it, he wonders? Or had it slipped from his mind for less sinister reason, driven out by the way he appreciates the wolflike shape she wears before burying his face affectionarly in her thick ruff.

“Not well.” He replies, his voice muffled. He had hoped it would be easier to explain if he didn’t have to look at her. If he has to look at her, Gale thinks he will probably tell her Everything.

“I don’t...I don’t remember last night. Or a few other nights, either.” There’s a pause, and an internal struggle with the truth, and then he adds: “Maybe more than a few.”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's like we're on our own to figure it out | mazikeen - by Gale - 05-01-2021, 11:17 PM