• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  consider how to find a place to stand | nashua
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The soft clouds of his breath drift slowly upward, toward the mass of pale grey clouds overhead. Those are snow clouds, but is it time for snow already? Autumn can’t be more than half over, can it? Gale frowns, and looks around at the meadow around him. The trees are not losing their leaves - they are entirely bare. The grass in the meadow is still thick and rich, but it had tasted a little stale, like it had been frozen and thawed a time or two.

Where had his days gone?

Gale does not have time to find them before he catches the scent of another horse. The white wings at his sides disappear in a moment, and he sees his brother’s flaxen head over the chest high grasses of the meadow.

“Nash!” He calls, raising his voice and startling a pair of quail from where they’d been roosting.

“Your lawn tastes terrible,” Gale replies with a quick grin. “I’d rather eat the green part of one of Tiercel’s prickly pear cactuses.” This is an exaggeration (though Gale does sometimes enjoy the spiny pads, healing from the damage caused instantaneously). He is struggling hard not to smile, and instead attempts to imitate his mother’s wellbred disgust. The effort does not last long.

Nashua seems happy to see him, and Gale is reassured that nothing has changed between the two of them during any of his lost time. The Hersir is as jovial as he’d been during the festival, and Gale is glad that this meeting is one during which he is in control of his own body.

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: consider how to find a place to stand | nashua - by Gale - 05-01-2021, 09:45 PM