• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cast your light - Oceane

The light that meets the dark

Whatever her father was thinking, Yanhua hid it well behind a nod and a smile. Cheri supposed she’d never seen her sire in action and she would’ve never guessed that the tall, patient stallion would be as comfortable navigating social waters with royalty as he was proving to be. He’d always been her Pappa: a figurehead of their family unit, loving albeit stern when necessary. He used to love locking horns with Mem and Rey when they were all little foals, but as Cheri recalled those memories she was surprised to find that her father only ever really ‘goofed off’ when uncle Nash came to visit. With a flicker of his ear in her direction, Cheri blinked and focused on the present, aware that her sire had probably caught a residual echo from her and her wayward mind. “Focus.” She reminded herself.

Yanhua was quick to the point. “I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you.” He told Oceane, and just like that the topic had come back around to Cheri.

Oceane had a smile that suited her lovely features. Neither too wide nor too tense, it blossomed naturally and lifted her expression along with it. In response, Cheri’s own dark face seemed to brighten. “Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!” She squealed, hardly believing her good luck. She turned her neck to gauge Yanhua’s reaction and found that he was already looking back, proud as ever to witness his offspring’s joy. There was, however, a subtle pull around the edges of his eyes; something akin to sadness. Whether it came from her father or not, Cheri was reminded of the first adventure they’d ever taken together - that fateful trip down the river’s pathway to the Forest, right before the Eclipse had happened.

Yanhua was watching his children grow up. Cheri was still much too young to understand that kind of love, and so she turned to look back at Oceane before a minute had passed.

“I’m ready to start whenever you’d like, Lady.” She proclaimed, a fountain of boundless energy coiled up and ready to spring. A moment ago she’d been feeling the effects of walking since before dawn, (she had her father to thank for that - he was hopelessly pitiful at flying) but now she slid her legs sideways and sashayed on lightened hooves to peck Yanhua at the base of his neck. “Love you Pappa, I’ll come visit soon! Give Saturnelle and Wit a hug for me.” She asked him breathlessly, trotting away to join Oceane on her side of the borderlands.

Her father rolled his eyes. “I’ll miss you too.” The chestnut nettled, adjusted his pale wings with a smirk. “Oceane, if she causes you any trouble say the word and I’ll yank her home again.” He teased. “Take care you two.” The Taigan Guardian wished them well, curling his head into a stiff bow. He lingered only long enough to hear any parting words from the Queen, then with a flap of one wing he waved them off and turned back for home.

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 04-30-2021, 05:44 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Oceane - 05-01-2021, 03:31 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 05-03-2021, 09:42 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Oceane - 05-05-2021, 10:35 AM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 05-07-2021, 08:34 AM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Oceane - 05-13-2021, 09:39 PM
    RE: Cast your light - Oceane - by Cheri - 05-17-2021, 01:12 PM