• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  watch your heart move slowly from your hands

The Agetta that came before would have been able to understand Kensley's answer better, would have remembered the boy that Atrox had forced her to carry and that Anaxarete had twisted from her until he became unrecognizable. This Agetta, who has had her memories altered so much she exists in an entirely different reality, does not even know that son of hers exists - nor the one that she shares with that shadow-mare.

She doesn’t remember what it is like to look into the eyes of someone you created and hate them, even just a little bit, for what they’ve become.

It is easy for her to move until she can touch his shoulder in a comforting gesture, offering him a sad smile when her dark eyes return to his face. “I do not know how you would confront that either. Whenever one of my children disappoint me, I assume it is because I disappointed them.” One thing remains consistent in Agetta’s realities - her love of being a mother and her absolute inability to excel at it for long. “And it is often hard for me to accept that sometimes, it is not my fault.” She doesn’t know if this is part of what is bothering Kensley but the words are kind, forgiving. As are the ones that come next. “My daughter told me she thought she was responsible for it, the darkness.” Something else she has in common with this friend she's forgotten, her smile holding nothing but sadness. Even though she's sure Beyza also came to regret whatever part she had played.

we are made of starstuff

artwork by yoricade

@kensley
    [Image: Agetta-by-Star-smaller.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: watch your heart move slowly from your hands - by Agetta - 07-06-2021, 03:56 PM