• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me
    Every instinct in Altissima tells her to back away from him when he steps closer but she assumes he’d find some satisfaction in seeing her retreat, even just a step, so she remains where she is. She’s not afraid of the stormy look on his face, she just… isn’t particularly sure she wants to be that close to Tarian.

He was right, for once - she had absolutely intended on never coming here. And had things turned out differently she would have regretted this impulsive choice. As it is, Altissima is glad. It is good to see Tarian knocked off his game, good to be able to enjoy it.

There should be a thanks for him somewhere, maybe, but not yet.

“How could I resist the chance to prove you wrong?” She quips back instead, her eyes still shining - though they don’t shine as brightly as he does. She can store light and use it to glow under normal circumstances (when she’s not recovering from almost-death). She could recycle sunlight to use at night but what Tarian is doing is something else.

He seems bothered with it, though she can’t understand why - curiosity bleeding into her smug expression when he rants. She could see everything as if they were under a noon sun and she knew that his light was illuminating her in kind.

She might have said something about it, had he not then muttered about her choice of nickname and comparing him to an insect. Her silver tail flicks behind her and she grins - replying cooly. “I’m probably just the first to say it to your face.” The spark is still there in her gaze, and it is very obvious that Altissima is absolutely enjoying herself. “And I believe the terms of our bet were that I would be choosing the nickname if I won, not you. Though Moonbeam is certainly accurate.”
    altissima

@[Tarian]
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Altissima - 05-01-2021, 06:03 PM