• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and its harder than you think

She leads them down to the lake, near where the large wisteria grows - though it’s yellow with autumn instead of bright purple with blooms right now. Mazikeen isn’t quite sure what it is that young Bolder can do, but the open area of the shore should give them plenty of space just in case his shifting is like what she has - shapes and colours and, so far, whatever else she can imagine.

Now, where to start?

Mazikeen focuses on Bolder mostly but she glances to Nash from time to time too, keeping him in the conversation. “The nice thing about practicing is that it’s fun. It can be a little frustrating at first, when you’re trying to do something and it doesn’t cooperate. When I was around your age I got stuck as a deer for almost two days.” Even as she says it, Mazikeen is not sure when that memory became something she would willingly share, and though she still feels a flush of embarrassment at her incompetence (nevermind that she was a foal) there is a bit of a smile as she shares this information.

Since she’s not quite sure what Bolder’s abilities are yet - either the scope or the control of them - she hopes he’ll find playing around with them a bit as fun as she will. “I’m going to change my colour and I want you to try to copy me exactly - okay?” Mazikeen doesn’t want to over teach, just in case the boy already knows about focusing and all that, so this is just a first stepping stone and then - she hopes - she’ll be able to adjust from there. She knows how annoying it had been when someone had underestimated her when she was learning (still is annoying, really) and wants to try to avoid that with the winged colt.

So standing before Bolder, Mazikeen turns herself a warm, friendly yellow - the smile in her orange eyes just as bright as the colour she’s wearing.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 04-28-2021, 07:28 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Mazikeen - 04-29-2021, 01:28 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 05-01-2021, 05:09 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Mazikeen - 05-01-2021, 07:17 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 05-02-2021, 02:15 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Mazikeen - 05-05-2021, 06:17 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 05-09-2021, 06:22 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Mazikeen - 05-12-2021, 10:30 AM